Government - Related Links - Houston County
- Georgia Genealogy Society - Includes Georgia specific links (Genealogy societies, libraries, reference topics, etc) and links to general sites.
- www.ancestry.com - A fee-based website, but allows free trial use. Searchable by name, historical records.
- Georgia Probate Court Online System - Standard Forms available to download. Includes useful web pages such as instructions for the forms, information on the duties of personal representatives, a handbook for guardians, heir determination worksheet, etc.
- State Bar of Georgia - Includes directory of State bar members, Frequently Asked Questions, and legal research resources.
- American Bar Association - Includes listing of accredited law schools, legal and professional resources, charities, etc. related to the legal profession.
- Georgia Courts - self help section
- Search the Georgia statutes by keyword or code section.
- Mental Health Issues - Sponsored by Dr. E. Fuller Torrey, it has up to date mental health information including Georgia statutes dealing with mental health.
- Phoenix On-Call: Access to Care and Services dealing with Mental Health and Substance Abuse. Contact: (478) 988-7109 or 1-888-740-9280, 24 hours/ 7 days a week.
- Georgia Department of Human Resources Division of Mental Health - Developmental Disabilities & Addictive Diseases - provides treatment and support services to people with mental illnesses and addictive diseases, and support to people with mental retardation and related disabilities.
- Georgia Department of Human Resources Division of Aging - Provides assistance to older individuals, their families, and caregivers to achieve safe, healthy, independent and self-reliant lives.
- The Georgia Office of NAMI - National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- Family First of Central Georgia, 1239C Russell Parkway, Warner Robins, GA 31088, Phone: (478) 922-3993, Fax: (478) 922-9950
- National Mental Health Association of Georgia - Works to enhance the mental health of all Georgians.
- Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Georgia ACLU
- Georgia Department of Corrections