Warrants & Records
The Houston County Sheriff's Office is a proud partner of the Macon Regional Crime Stoppers. The Houston County Sheriff's Office Warrant/Civil Division in 2005, 2008, 2009 and 2010 led the Macon Regional Crime stoppers in arrests from tips received.
If you wish to report a tip on a wanted person or have tip for solving a crime you can call Crime stoppers at 742-2330 or 1-877-68CRIME (27463) and if your tip leads to an arrest you can receive a reward of up to $1000.
All office hours are Monday thru Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM except holidays.
The Warrant Division's primary responsibilities include serving warrants that are received by the Houston County Sheriff's Office as well as for the transportation of those wanted who are arrested outside of Houston County including extraditions from outside the State of Georgia.
A warrant which is being sent to the Sheriffs Office from outside of Houston County should be mailed to the Warner Robins, address attention Records. The warrant should be a certified copy of the warrant with a statement that the agency is willing to transport the suspect from Houston County if the subject is located here.
The Warrant Division is also responsible for fingerprinting those persons who need this service for required background checks for employment, adoption, and foster care or security clearances. The fee for this service is $20.00 and the person being printed must supply the cards they wished to be printed on. We also can submit your prints for history if needed for an additional fee of $40. If you have questions about fingerprinting please call 478-542-2095. Currently we do not transmit these prints for analysis except for pre-approved accounts. We print from 8 am to 5pm at the Warrant Division in Warner Robins and the Warrant Division located at the Perry Sheriff's Office located in the Courthouse.
The Civil Division is charged with the service of all civil process including subpoenas, civil suits, and child support issued by the Superior and State Courts of Houston County and any other court in the United States that request our service. The service fees which are charged for this service is set by state law. When sending or bringing in a paper or subpoena for service please send the item to be served along with a self-addressed stamped envelope and a business check or money order for the correct amount issued to the Houston County Sheriff's Office (send to Perry office). If there are any special requests for service for example personal service only or no services after a certain time or day please note that on the service form.
- Subpoena - $10.00 per subpoena and or parties to be served
- Civil Suits - $50.00 per paper and or parties to be served
- Writ of Possession - $50.00 per paper and or parties to be served
- Fi - Fa-$50.00 plus any advertising fee for the legal add and storage fee if necessary
The Houston County Sheriff's Office Records Division responsibilities include:
- Storage of all reports filed by this office and for entering all warrants that are received for service both in our local records management as well as into the Georgia Crime Information Center.
- Handles all requests by the public for copies of reports.
- Processes all open records request that are forwarded through the Sheriff's Office administration and all record expunegment requests.
- All records expungement request $25 for Sheriff's Office
- If Approved by the courts $25 for GBI
- Works closely with all divisions within the Sheriff's Office to insure a timely and accurate flow of information.
For More Information
If you have questions or need assistance you may call the records office at 478-542-2130.
- The Houston County Sheriff's Office Records Division Front Desk runs criminal history requests for individuals after being properly identified with picture identification, or at the request of employers if a notarized release has been signed granting the employer permission to obtain the persons history. The criminal histories are run 24 hours a day seven days a week on a first come first serve basis. There is an exception to the first come first serve in that criminal histories being requested by law enforcement officer in the performance of their duties shall get first priority. There is a fee of $20 to have a criminal history run which must be remitted in cash correct change only. A receipt will be issued for your payment. If you have questions in reference to criminal histories being run you may call the Front Desk at 478-542-2080.