Houston County covers approximately 400 square miles and enjoys a close proximity to interstates, highways, airports and has rail access.
The county lies directly along Interstate 75 and is within a short distance of Interstate 16. The county is also located 75 miles south of Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and 165 miles west of the ports of Savannah.
Houston County has been experiencing unparalleled growth, growing from a population of 89,208 in 1990 to a population of 139,900 in 2010. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the population of Houston County in 2015 is projected to be 160,698.
Just a few quick facts about Houston County, Georgia
- One of the most rapidly growing communities in Georgia
- 75 miles south of Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport
- Home to Georgia's largest industrial complex at Robins Air Force Base
- More than 3,000-acres available for industrial development
- QuickStart workforce training available via Central Georgia Technical College
- Designated as one of Georgia's Entrepreneur Friendly Communities
- One of the lowest property tax rates in the Middle Georgia area
- Houston County public school system is consistently recognized for having Georgia Schools of Excellence and National Schools of Excellence.
- Large utility capacity as served by a combination of municipal and private systems.
- Telecommunication services provided by AT&T, ComSouth, Cox Communications, and Windstream - all offering high cap services
- Landfill (subtitle D) with 40+ year projected life operated by Houston County
- Houston Healthcare boasts two full service hospitals with over 280 beds available
For more information, visit our website or contact:
Houston County Development Authority
200 Carl Vinson Parkway
Warner Robins, Georgia 31088