Weapon Carry License
DUE TO COVID-19 Protocols and having to limit the number of people in our office, We are accepting new and renewal gun permit applications at the Probate Court office BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
STEPS TO RENEW OR APPLY FOR NEW WEAPONS CARRY LICENSE
- Start your Weapons Carry License Application ONLINE!!! Go to Link: www.georgiaprobaterecords.com/landing.aspx?CountyNo=076&page=WCL
- NOTE: ONCE YOU RECEIVE YOUR CONFIRMATION NUMBER, YOU WILL PRINT THAT PAGE AND BRING IT INTO OUR OFFICE TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION PROCESS at your appointment time.
- GO TO: https://houston.booking.appointmentreminder.com/carry-license to schedule your appointment. Do not call to schedule as all appointments must be made through the above link.
- Come to the Probate Court with your confirmation number from Step 1 and Valid Georgia Driver’s or ID Card with current Houston County Address
The Probate Court of Houston County issues weapons carry licenses to all qualified persons who are residents of Houston County.
A license to carry authorizes a person to carry a handgun on or about his person, openly or in certain concealed positions. These include: in a shoulder or waist belt holster, hip grip, or similar device, handbag, purse, attaché case, briefcase, or other closed container.
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must be a resident of Houston County
- A picture identification including applicant's physical address is required.
- Military persons must bring a copy of their papers showing they are stationed at Robins Air Force Base if they have not changed their driver's license.
- Foreign nationals must have INS resident card. If you are a naturalized US citizen, you should bring your naturalization papers.
- As of January 1st, 2012, the state required a statewide uniform pictured license. Therefore, you will have to have your picture taken and you may not wear a heat or glasses while taking picture.
- Once the application process is complete in our office, all applicants will get fingerprinted at the Sheriff’s Department (located in same building.) Their Fingerprint Cards will be sent to the FBI and GCIC.
- Applicants can expect to receive their license in approximately two weeks unless something comes back on their background check.
New Applicants: $78.00
Renewal Applicants: $35.00
Cash, Money Orders, Debit/Credit Cards (Refer to the Accepted Methods of Payment on the Main Page)
For additional information, please email Shannon Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
201 N. Perry Parkway, P.O. Box 1801
Perry, GA 31069
Phone: (478) 218-4710
Fax: (478) 218-4715