Major Alan Everidge, Jail Administrator
Captain Dave Carrick, Asst. Jail Administrator
To provide a safe and secure environment for pretrial detainees. To provide for the basic needs (food, clothing, shelter, medical care, mental health care, religious needs) of those detainees; to ensure the security of the jail from escapes; supervise inmates' day-to-day activities (feeding, cleaning, court appearances, medical appointments, visitations), transport inmates to courts appearances; transport inmates to and from the various jails and prisons throughout the State; to provide proper and current training to all officers assigned to the detention center; to provide trained officers to assist other divisions as needed: and to assist the community during times of natural and manmade disasters.
The Houston County Detention Center opened in 2002 as a state-of-the-art direct supervision facility. It is self-contained and allows for greater security of the citizens of Houston County. The facility currently houses 450 inmates and has the capacity for 665 inmates.
The Center includes a fully operational, 24-hour medical unit that is staffed by full time nursing personnel and physician with mental health services provided by Southern Correctional Medicine. There is a fully equipped industrial kitchen for the preparation of inmate meals. These meals are prepared by inmates with supervision from a contracted food service employee and monitored by detention staff. Supervised inmate work force personnel clean, provide laundry service, and do minor maintenance within the facility.
The Detention Center houses both males and females over the age of 17. These individuals have either been charged or convicted of misdemeanor or felony crimes and are to serve sentences of one year or less. Should they be sentenced to a longer period they would be sent to a State or Federal facility.
ALL PODS EXCEPT "I" POD RECEIVES ONE 30 MINUTE VISIT PER WEEK
|A||7:30 am - 11:30 am||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||7:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
|B||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||7:00 pm - 10:00 pm||7:30 am - 11:30 am|
|C||7:30 am - 11:30 am||7:00 pm - 10:00 pm||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|D||7:30 am - 11:30 am||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|E||7:30 am - 11:30 am||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||7:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
|F||7:00 pm - 10:00 pm||7:30 am - 11:30 am||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|G||7:30 am - 11:30 am||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|H||NO VISITATION FOR THIS POD|
|I||7:00 pm - 10:00 pm||7:00 pm - 10:00 pm||7:30 am - 11:30 am
7:00 pm - 10:00 pm
|J||7:30 am - 11:30 am||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
|K||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||7:30 am - 11:30 am||7:00 pm - 10:00 pm|
|L||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm||7:00 pm - 10:00 pm||7:30 am - 11:30 am|
J-POD - This is a temporary housing Unit.
I POD - Inmates receive a total of a one hour visit per week and can be either TWO - 30 minute visits or ONE - 1 Hour Visit.
Inmates Can be moved at any time. PLEASE CALL AHEAD TO VERIFY their housing assignment.
IMPORTANT - VISITATION RULES ARE EXPLAINED ON THE REVERSE SIDE OF THIS PAGE.
1. Visitation Schedule - Only approved visitors currently on the inmate's list can visit. Upon arrival, each inmate can add Immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, and children). Children 17 and under must be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older, who is on the list. After the inmate has been assigned to a pod, two additional people, outside of immediate family members, can be added. The inmate must submit a request form to add these two people. These two slots can be changed every 30 days. To add someone to the list, the inmate will need to provide the visitor's full name and date of birth.
2. CONDUCT - While visiting, inmates and visitors must conduct themselves in an orderly manner. No cursing, loud or disruptive behavior, or banging on the glass, is allowed. Children must remain with an adult - no running or shouting. Crying children should be removed from the visitation area for the courtesy of others. Violations of these rules could result in visitor removal from the list and possible loss of visitation for the inmate.
3. Disciplinary - Inmates on disciplinary status cannot have visitors until they are removed from the status.
4. DRESS - Visitors must be dressed in proper attire - NO TANKTOPS, SPAGHETTI STRAPS, TRANSPARENT TOPS, LOWCUT TOPS. SHORTS AND SKIRTS SHOULD BE AT THE KNEE OR LONGER. SHOES ARE REQUIRED.
5. FUNDS - are available at the time of posting. Funds deposited must be in the form of Cash or Dedit/ Credit Card. Check will not be accepted. You can also use JailATM.com to post funds.
6. ALL VISITORS MUST ARRIVE 45 MINUTES PRIOR TO THE LAST VISIT OF THE MORNING, AFTERNOON, OR EVENING VISITATION TIME.