Janice D. Spires, Judge
Kim Willson, Associate Judge
201 N. Perry Parkway, P.O. Box 1801
Perry, GA 31069
Phone: (478) 218-4710
Fax: (478) 218-4715
You must be here by 4:00 pm to apply for Weapons Carry License
(New or Renewal License)
Start your Marriage License Application or Weapons Carry License Application ONLINE to expedite your services!
The Probate Court of Houston County handles Vital Records, Marriage Licenses, Weapons Carry Licenses, Estates, Guardianships and Conservatorships of Minors and Incapacitated Adults along with numerous miscellaneous duties.
We are located in the New Judicial Complex of Houston County. Our hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may come in anytime to apply for a marriage license, copies of vital records, and to file documents for estates and guardianships. You must be here by 4:00 pm to apply for a Renew or New Weapons Carry License. However, to expedite your services, you will need to make an appointment for the following services:
- Name changes/corrections
- Wedding Ceremonies
- If you need to speak with a clerk or the Judge regarding your filings in Estates, Guardianships and Conservatorships
- To discuss a matter with Judge Spires
For your convenience, we can process payments through an independent company that Houston County Probate Court has partnered with to provide you this service; VitalChek Network, Inc. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service.
***NO PERSONAL CHECKS ACCEPTED***
Accepted Methods of Payment
- Cash, Money Order or Debit/Credit Cards
- Debit Choices : Visa, MasterCard
- Credit Choices : American Express, Discover, MasterCard
The Probate Court is committed to providing you with excellent customer service. We will be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have about the services of this office or the procedures you must follow for a particular process. Please be advised, however, that state law prohibits our staff from rendering legal advice, restating the law or recommending specific ways to pursue legal action. If you have a problem involving the interpretation of the law, we suggest you contact an attorney licensed in the State of Georgia.
Houston County Probate Court Email Addressees
- Janice D. Spires, Judge
- Kim Willson, Associate Judge/Chief Clerk
- Susan Simons, Compliance Officer
- Judith Borum, Deputy Clerk
- Shannon F. Lewis, Deputy Clerk
- Yvonne Chapman, Vital Records/Deputy Clerk
- Yetoria DeShazier, Vital Records/Deputy Clerk
- Erica Bass, Vital Records /Deputy Clerk
Para Espanol por favor e-mail Yvonne V. Chapman a email@example.com