The 2020 Election is just around the corner. Read these helpful notes to prepare and participate. Citizen voting is a valuable privilege enabling each of us to have input into local and national election results, but it does take some forethought and preparation. Will you be ready to vote this year?!
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 3rd…polls open at 7am and close at 7pm. Make plans now to get to the polls!
- Please make sure you are registered to vote! You must be registered by 5 October to vote in this upcoming election on November 3rd. Follow this link for instructions on how to get registered. https://registertovote.sos.ga.gov/GAOLVR/welcome.do#no-back-button
- Early voting begins on Tuesday, 13 October at the Board of Elections office in Perry at the old Courthouse. It begins on Monday, 19 October at two other locations: the Houston Health Pavilion Conference Center on Houston Road in Warner Robins, and at Central Georgia Technical College’s Sonny Watson Health Sciences building on Cohen Walker Drive in Warner Robins. Early voting runs 8am-5pm each weekday. Saturday early voting will also be ongoing on Saturday, 24 October at the Perry location and at the Houston Health Pavilion Conference Center from 9am to 4pm. Click this link to see the full Early Voting schedule. https://www.houstoncountyga.org/residents/early-voting.cms
- That is 15 days and three locations for early voting. Avoid the big rush and maximize social distancing on Election Day by voting early.
- Vote via Absentee Ballot if you do not want to make a trip to the polls. Simply request an absentee ballot be sent to your current address, fill it out in accordance with the specific directions, and send it back to the Board of Elections office in Perry. It is very easy to do! Click this link for guidance on absentee voting. https://securevotega.com/secureabsentee/
- Houston County will have two locations for ballot drop-boxes: the primary location is in the lobby of the County Annex building on Carl Vinson Parkway. The second location is at the Perry office of the Board of Elections. Click this link to see more details about our ballot drop-boxes. https://www.houstoncountyga.org/residents/absentee-voting.cms
- Please make sure your personal data at the Board of Elections is updated and accurate: your current full legal name and current address must be accurate. Your address determines which polling station you must go to for voting. Your personal data is also critically important to receiving an absentee ballot if you request one. Click on this link for help getting your personal data updated. www.mvp.sos.ga.gov
- Polling locations: you have a specific, assigned polling location. Do you know where it is? Houston County has 16 polling locations…your address determines which one you must go to for voting. Click the following link to go to your “My Voter Page” and simply fill in the requested information…it will tell you where to go to vote! www.mvp.sos.ga.gov
- If you have interest in becoming a trained poll worker please call the Board of Elections office in Perry at (478) 987-1973. They will be glad to provide further details.