Voters may make a request by mail or vote in person before each election at the Board of Elections office in Perry. Satellite locations for early in person voting are the Houston Health Pavilion Conference Center (Old Houston County Mall) and Central Georgia Technical College Roy H. "Sonny" Watson Health Science Bldg. in Warner Robins. Please refer to the Early Voting tab for dates & times.
NOTE: If you do not vote at your assigned polling location on Election Day, you are an Absentee Voter.
ABSENTEE BALLOT BOX LOCATIONS: Houston County has three Absentee Ballot Drop Box Locations. Boxes are only available 49 days before Election Day and shall close at 7:00 p.m. on Election Day.
- Board of Elections, 801 Main Street, Perry – Lobby (8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. M-F and Election Day 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- Houston County Annex, 200 Carl Vinson Parkway, Warner Robins – Lobby (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. M-F and Election Day 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- Houston Health Pavilion Conference Center, Cary W. Martin Conference Center, Voting Location, 233 N. Houston Road, Warner Robins (8:00 am – 5:00 pm M-F during Early Voting ONLY) and Election Day 7:00 am – 7:00 pm
PLEASE NOTE: There is no voting on the Monday prior to an election. Absentee-By-Mail Ballots must be received Election Day by 7:00 p.m. excluding *UOCAVA Voters. (See Exception Below). UOCAVA Voter ballots must be post marked by Election Day and received by close of business the Friday after the election.
Note: You must file a separate application for each election for which you are requesting an absentee ballot (*see exceptions below for voters over the age of 65, disabled, or military or overseas citizens). You may file your application up to 180 days prior to the date of the election. The last day a ballot can be mailed is the Friday before each election.
Please Note: Electors residing temporarily out of the county or a physically disabled voter residing within the county may have one of the following relatives complete the application. Relatives must be at least 18 years of age -mother, father, grandparent, brother, sister, aunt, uncle, spouse, son, daughter, niece, nephew, grandchild, son~in~law, daughter~in-Iaw, mother-in-law, father-in-law, brother-in-law, and sister-in-law. The person completing the application will need to complete the oath and sign their name and indicate their relationship.
You may download an application for absentee ballot here.
REQUEST MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Reason for requesting an absentee ballot (if any)
- Election the ballot is requested for (If a Primary Election, elector must designate political party)
- Name and address as registered
- Date of Birth
- Address where ballot is to be mailed (Print clearly and include zip code) * See below
- Signature of applicant or relative and relationship
- A contact number will help speed up the process if we have any questions concerning your application (Not required)
Applications can be mailed to Houston County Board of Elections, P.O. Box 945, Perry, GA 31069, faxed to 478-988-0699, or emailed as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
After processing and approval of submitted application a ballot will be mailed in accordance with O.C.G.A. 21-2-381 (D); * Except in the case of physically disabled electors residing in the county or municipality or electors in custody in a jail or other detention facility in the county or municipality, no absentee ballot shall be mailed to an address other than the permanent mailing address of the elector as recorded on the elector's voter registration record or a temporary out-of-county or out-of-municipality address.
Oath on back must be completed and signed. Ballots returned without this information will be rejected. The person for whom the ballot was issued must mail or deliver their own ballot. Ballots will not be accepted by anyone other than the elector, unless the voter is disabled.